Global Fashion Group (“GFG”) is the #1 online fashion platform for emerging markets. It operates across four continents and 24 countries and employs over 9,000 people via its 5 brands ZALORA in SEA, THE ICONIC in Australia / New Zealand, NAMSHI in Middle East, DAFITI in Latam and LA MODA in Russia.
With a focus on emerging markets, GFG targets a €470bn fashion market and over 2.5bn people (over a third of the world population) who rapidly continue to move online and purchase via e-commerce. GFG offers a wide assortment of leading international and local fashion brands, as well as a selection of internal brands, and invests consistently in delivering the best customer experience.
GFG is looking for a talented Head of Internal Audit APAC. You will be responsible for the leadership, administration, governance and implementation of an effective and independent assurance framework for improving risk management, internal controls, systems and reporting.
The job profile will be focusing on the following key attributes:
- Assist the Group Head of Audit by performing regular evaluations on the Region’s internal controls, financial and accounting matters, compliance, business and risk management strategies.
- Provide Regional Management team with a robust process engineering, consulting and assurance feedback ensuring audit plans and programs are understood, agreed, and delivered against business objectives.
- Ensure effective collaboration with the Group’s Shared Service teams across the Region as well as the Risk, Audit and Compliance management teams to help put controls and roadmaps in place to mitigate significant risks impacting the ongoing success of the group and its potential IPO listing.
- Help improve key controls that support the successful and secure operations of the business and its leadership by ensuring robust design and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide management with assurance that projects and programmes key to the achievement of the Group’s objectives are being appropriately managed and key risks mitigated effectively.
Singaporeans and PRs applicants are preferred.
- Assist in defining the assurance strategy as well as drive and own execution of this strategy through the compilation of one-year and three-year audit plans across the Group’s regions with focus on South East Asia and Australia.
- Assist in delivering comprehensive assurance over each individual Market and function.
- Assist in the preparation and reporting on progress of the audit and risk performance to the Audit Committee, detailing key areas of Audit focus, assurance and / or concerns. Disseminate results to Management as appropriate.
- Assist in the implementation of GFG’s Internal Audit Universe and the Group-wide risk assessment plan that will ultimately drive the annual audit plan and ensure Regional business mitigates critical exposures.
- Oversee, lead and participate in the delivery of individual audits by reviewing and reporting within pre-determined time-scales. Develop process engineering solutions that will help drive business process and control value. Review audit work papers and report findings accordingly.
- Deliver the planning (scoping) and execution of key projects, programmes and compliance initiative checks across Region, individual Markets and Cross-Department teams. Assume responsibility over financial, operational and regulatory compliance across all activities and functions.
- Implement and own the delivery of continuous monitoring of Data Analytics tools across high risk business and audit areas to provide analysis of various aspects of business operations and in support of providing control assurance.
- Remediation - assist in monitoring and providing guidance to regional Management that will help resolve internal control issues including reviewing and agreeing with management appropriate timeframes for delivery of specific actions agreed during the Audit process.
- Develop, own and implement standards and trainings to ensure consistent execution of audits across the Group in line with the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors. Actively participate in Group-wide initiatives as needed.
- Manages internal business and third party (e.g. external audit) relationships to help promote value of audit, facilitate insourcing of services and help with direct external audit assistance. Monitor industry best practices.
- Assist in executing compliance audits across regions in line with the overall Anti-Bribery, Anti-Corruption framework and risk assessment process.
- Ability to conduct fraud review and investigations on an ad-hoc basis and as mandated by Group Management.
- Additional experience taking a company public and performing due diligence is a plus. SOX 404 or similar background highly sought after as well.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor from a Top tier university is required in accounting, finance, business, or process engineering. A MBA or Master in related field is preferred.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in process engineering and auditing; preferred background in e-commerce, FMGC company/retail and accountancy at an international level.
- Must have attained ACCA / ACA or CPA and demonstrated proficiency in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Must have knowledge in ERM/COSO framework and practical experience; Operational Risk, SOX, COSO and Six Sigma or equivalent.
- External Public Accounting experience (“Big Four”).
- Proficiency in IFRS and FCPA / ABAC type legislature.
- Experience running investigations and audits with due diligence, business process and internal compliance focus.
- High proficiency and outstanding analytical skills utilizing financial and data driven techniques. Ability to implement continuous monitoring across the Region.
- Excellent communication, both verbally and in-writing, and presentation skills including articulation of audit issues, report writing, quantification, etc.
- Must be a self- starter, flexible, work independently with limited direction in unstructured environment.
Singaporeans and PRs applicants are preferred.
GFG is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless GFG has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by Zalora or Global Fashion Group.