(Based in Singapore)
ZALORA is looking for a qualified and highly motivated Regional Sustainability Manager. He/She will be responsible for implementing and managing the the Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability programmes throughout the ZALORA organization in the South East Asia region in line with the strategy approved by Global Fashion Group (“GFG”).
The Sustainability Manager will report directly to GFG’s Global Sustainability Director, and to ZALORA’s Head of the Legal and Compliance Department.
Singaporeans and PRs applicants are preferred.
- Contribute to the on-going development of the company’s Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Strategy, including in supply chain across the various business models (including private labels and marketplace amongst others) and environmental corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- Develop and regularly update action plans for implementing the Corporate Responsibility (CR) strategic objectives within ZALORA.
- Provide insight, advice and solutions for the supply chain.
- Develop and implement relevant systems, policies and procedures across various business units and departments and business partners to ensure the implementation of the corporate responsibility and sustainability agenda Manage the execution of identified implementation targets and report on progress.
- Responsible for managing the Suppliers’ Compliance audit process and the relationship with any designated third-party groups for this purpose, analysing and processing the corresponding documentation and following up to ensure implementation of actionable points, in support of ensuring factory approval process is done in a timely manner.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders, such as Regional Private Labels, Buying, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance, Internal Audit, Risk Management and any other relevant function critical for implementing the sustainability and corporate responsibility strategy of the region.
- Support the relevant teams at ZALORA, to ensure all Health & Safety policies are implemented and followed.
- Collaborate with the GFG Global Sustainability Director with internal/external reporting requirements in relation to ZALORA.
- Support the organisation by managing specific Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability projects, setting KPI’s and providing guidance and support to the different operating regions of the business.
- In close coordination with the Global Sustainability Director, oversee regional specific projects focused on assessing and mitigating environmental impacts generated by the business.
- Raise awareness of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Strategy across the organisation and conduct training sessions for, buyers and business partners, suppliers, workers and factories on a regular basis.
- Oversee other sustainability strategic projects as required.
- Eventually, manage and accountable for a regional CR/Sustainability regional team.
- Follow escalation procedures when dealing with critical issues within the business and the supply chain, reporting and communicating progress.
- Manage relationships with relevant collaboration partners.
List of Policies relevant policies and procedures :
- Code of Conduct for Business Partners (Suppliers)
- Ethical trading policy
- Crisis Management Policy
- Employees’ Code of Conduct
- Health & Safety Policy
- Animal Welfare Policy
- Critical Non-Compliance Policy
- Zalora’s Governance Policies and Procedures
- Guiding Principles for the Responsible Recruitment and Employment of Migrant Workers
- Any other ZALORA or GFG applicable policy
- A Bachelor’s degree in Corporate Responsibility, Sustainability, Business Management or related field.
- At least 5 years experience working in corporate responsibility and/or sustainability related areas in the fashion industry.
- Fluency in Mandarin language and a good level of the English language are required.
- Knowledge and experience in Corporate responsibility and ethical trade in a factory environment.
- Solid experience of factory audits and remediation processes (e.g.SMETA, SA8000 and similar).
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- GFG Global Sustainability Director & Head of Corporate Responsibility
- ZALORA’s CEO and Executive Leadership Team
- ZALORA Head of Legal and Compliance
- ZALORA Head of HR
- ZALORA buying organisation, including Buying, Private Labels and Marketplace
- ZALORA Operations functions, including those managing warehouses and fulfilment centres.
- ZALORA Finance, Internal Audit and other relevant functions
- Countries’ Managing Directors (across South East Asia)
- Factories and suppliers
- Board of Directors of ZALORA
- Governance, Compliance and Risk (“GRC”) Committee
- Competent IT capabilities (databases, spreadsheets, report writing).
- Availability to travel on a frequent basis (up to 50% of the time).
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.